Gur Parbhram Parmeshar Aap .. ਗੁਰੁ ਪਾਰਬ੍ਰ੍ਹ੍ਮੁ ਪਰਮੇਸਰੁ ਆਪਿ

gur-parbhram-parmesar-3
gur parbhram-2

Commentary on this Shabad

Shabad Video:

Shabad Audio:  Gur Parbhram Parmeshr Aap

Sri Guru Granth Sahib Page 387

buy & download individual shabad tracks
Shabad Interpretation in English:

I contemplate, forever and ever, the True Guru; with my hair, I dust the feet of the Guru. Be wakeful, O my awakening mind! Without the Lord, nothing else shall be of use to you; false is emotional attachment, and useless are worldly entanglements. Embrace love for the Word of the Guru’s Bani. When the Guru shows His Mercy, pain is destroyed. Without the Guru, there is no other place of rest. The Guru is the Giver, the Guru gives the Name. The Guru is the Supreme Lord God; He Himself is the Transcendent Lord. Twenty-four hours a day, O Nanak, meditate on the Guru.

Shabad Interpretation in Hindi:

मै अपने सच्चे गुरु को हर समय धयान मे रखता हूँ। मै अपने केश से गुरु के चरण साफ़ करना चाहता हूँ। हे मन मेरे तूं जाग, बिना हरी के किसी ने तेरे काम नहीं आना, तु झूठे मोह और अनुचित संबंध को त्याग। गुरु की बाणी से पयार लगा। अगर गुरु किरपा करे तो दुखों का नाश होता है। गुरु के बिना तेरा कोइ आसरा नहीं। गुरु ही तुझे सभ कुछ देने वाला है और गुरु ही प्रभु का नाम प्रदान करने वाला है। असल मे गुरु आप ही परमेश्वर स्वरुप है, नानक तो आठ पहर गुरु के जाप मे मगन रहता है।

Shabad Interpretation in Punjabi:

ਮੈ ਆਪਣੇ ਸੱਚੇ ਗੁਰੂ ਨੂੰ ਹਰ ਸਮਾਂ ਧਯਾਨ ਵਿੱਚ ਰੱਖਦਾ ਹਾਂ ।  ਮੈ ਆਪਣੇ ਕੇਸ਼ਾਂ ਨਾਲ ਗੁਰੂ  ਦੇ ਚਰਨ ਸਾਫ਼ ਕਰਣਾ ਚਾਹੁੰਦਾ ਹਾਂ। ਹੇ ਮਨ ਮੇਰੇ ਤੂੰ ਜਾਗ , ਬਿਨਾਂ ਹਰੀ  ਦੇ ਕਿਸੇ ਨੇ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੰਮ ਨਹੀਂ ਆਣਾ , ਤੁ ਝੂਠੇ ਮੋਹ ਅਤੇ ਫਜੂਲ ਸੰਬੰਧ  ਨੂੰ ਤਿਆਗ ।  ਗੁਰੂ ਦੀ ਬਾਣੀ ਨਾਲ ਪਯਾਰ ਲਗਾ ।  ਜੇਕਰ ਗੁਰੂ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਕਰੇ ਤਾਂ ਦੁਖਾਂ ਦਾ ਨਾਸ਼ ਹੁੰਦਾ ਹੈ ।  ਗੁਰੂ  ਦੇ ਬਿਨਾਂ ਤੇਰਾ ਕੋਈ  ਆਸਰਾ ਨਹੀਂ ।  ਗੁਰੂ ਹੀ ਤੈਨੂੰ ਸਭ ਕੁੱਝ ਦੇਣ ਵਾਲਾ ਹੈ ਅਤੇ ਗੁਰੂ ਹੀ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਦਾ ਨਾਮ ਪ੍ਰਦਾਨ ਕਰਣ ਵਾਲਾ ਹੈ ।  ਅਸਲ ਵਿੱਚ ਗੁਰੂ ਰੱਬ ਸਵਰੁਪ ਹੀ ਹੈ ,  ਨਾਨਕ ਤਾਂ ਅੱਠ ਪਹਿਰ ਗੁਰੂ  ਦੇ ਜਾਪ ਵਿੱਚ ਮਗਨ ਰਹਿੰਦਾ ਹੈ ।

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Shabad Kirtan and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Gur Parbhram Parmeshar Aap .. ਗੁਰੁ ਪਾਰਬ੍ਰ੍ਹ੍ਮੁ ਪਰਮੇਸਰੁ ਆਪਿ

1. Manoj Jeswani says:

Waheguruji,
    I am just lost, this is so soothing, relaxing also no more words can be expressed in the love our true guru. The way you express the grand guru is just & simply beautiful. I am just forwarding this link to my Gurudwara’s friends.

Manoj Jeswani – Age:30 – 9825147070
    Ahmedabad

2. Gurmukh Singh (UK) says:

Going through the Shabads, I find that in this Shabad, the individual contribution of the 4 Bibyan can be heard separately in Panktis like “Jaag re mann jaagan haaray”, sung individually. They ALL excel, taking the listener from the vocal naad to the spiritual mystic Anhad Naad.
    The discipline of taal – sam (gur) on first Word of the Pankti – is effortless despite much vocal variation.

3. Pingback: Guru Nanak Sahib (Parkash November 21) - Page 2

4. Mohanjit Kaur Bedi says:

My husband Dr. Maninder Singh Bedi is the one who got me to Listen to u. Ur the ultimate in today’s world. We both r Crazy GURBANI listeners, who strive for the “Rooh ke bani”. Me being daughter of Amritdari Parents, like the “raag based gurbani” and is carried away by ur recitations. U r par execllence. Wageguru may shower his choicest of blessings, always, bibi Gurpreet Kaur, Dr, Manbir Singh, and Rana ji and others. Can we know who’s voice we hear before the shabad. Waheguru bless u all.

Mohanjit Kaur with Dr. Maninder Singh
    Bedi

• Gur Fateh Mohanjit Kaur and Maninder Singh ji. I am overwhelmed by the appreciation and the Blessings you have showered on me and my group. We are thankful to Waheguru ji for making us worthy enough to be able to spread the Bliss of Gurbani. The commentary before the shabads of the Cds: Saajaanara Mera Saajaanara, Mera Baid Guru Gobinds & Tere Kavan Kavan Gun is by Giani Sarabjit Singh Gobinpuri. Rest all Cds have commentary by Rana Inderjit Singh ji.

5. Maninder Singh Bedi says:

Having listened to this rendering this shabad, I can make out which line has been sung by whom of ur group, and will send the feedback in my next mail. Meanwhile my brother in law Dr. Sujan Singh and his wife listen to the shabads as forwarded ur link and some shabads to them. in his words “we are floored” to listen to such singing. Waheguru aap noo hor bakhshish kare.

6. Maninder Singh Bedi says:

Dr. Manbir Singh Ji
    My intuations says that Keerat Kaur and Gurpreet Kaur are ur family members. Is this true.

Secondly, while listening kirtan, whether on internet, through audio-video systems, or more importantly LIVE, if ur able to read-along the shabads, the impact gets many fold. One gets the arth, bhav and what has been said in the shabad, only if one has memorised the shabad or the shabad is in front of u in words.

U need a special appreciation for having implemented the same in the visuals along with the videos, added to most the shabads.

I may add that i have been carrying Amrit Kirtan always from the last 25 years or so whenever i go to any kirtan program, even abroad whenever i was there to implement this concept. Now i carry my laptop and get the wordings of the shabads.

Once again waheguru ji aap Sab te hor mehar kare.

Dr. Maninder Singh Bedi

• Dr. Manbir Singh says:

Gur Fateh Dr. Maninder Singh ji,
      We all are honored to have your appreciation for our efforts in spreading the Bliss of Gurbani. You are right, Gurpreet Kaur & Keerat Kaur are part of my family. Gurpreet is my wife and Keerat is our daughter a computer engineer in USA.
      You rightly said, to have Gurbani in front of you while listening Gurbani has multifold impact. This is precisely the reason we have added the videos to the shabads so as to display the Gurbani and its translations alongside. And the feedback we received is very encouraging and this has been proved very useful to the viewers.
      Your Good Wishes and Waheguru ji’s Kirpa are a great source of strength for Gurpreet & Keerat to continue composing and recording Gurbani to the best of their ability.